There is something demoralizing about watching two people get more and more crazy about each other, especially when you are the only extra person in the room. It’s like watching Paris from an express caboose heading in the opposite direction—every second the city gets smaller and smaller, only you feel it’s really you getting smaller and smaller and lonelier and lonelier, rushing away from all those lights and excitement at about a million miles an hour.
1. The first boy that compares your eyes to hurricanes and says you have hands that feel like home is not the one.
2. You can drown yourself in as much alcohol as you’d like, but the ghosts in your bones will still know how to swim long after you forget how to.
3. If you love him to the point of madness, you will become it.
4. The first boy to tell you that you have lips like a wildfire will be the first to burn you down.
5. Don’t try to fill your lungs with the ocean in your chest and call it self-defense.
6. Don’t be afraid to spit the venom between your teeth. It was put there for a reason.